|Basic Trading Condition|
|Product Name||Tungsten Disulfide|
Particle Size: 1~25um
Price:60.00 USD/KG EXW, XIAMEN, CHINA
Payment:T/T in advance
Delivery Time: in 20 working days
Note: Re-check when quantity changed
|Contact||Tel.:+86 592 512 9595 +86 592 512 9696|
Fax.:+86 592 512 9797
|Disclaimer||The above quoted price is for reference only and shall not be used for final order. For detailed inquiry please contact us directly!|
What is Tungsten Disulfide?
Tungsten disulfide (WS2, Tungsten Disulfide) is a low-dimensional transition metal sulfide with a layered structure similar to that of graphene. It is widely used in optoelectronics, lubrication, and energy storage due to its good mechanical, thermal, optical and electrical reasons. , medical and other fields.
Physical Properties of Tungsten Disulfide:
Appearance is black gray powder, density 7.6g/cm3, slightly soluble in cold water, soluble in hot water, insoluble in inorganic acids, alkalis and alcohols except concentrated nitric acid and hydrofluoric acid mixture, but soluble in molten alkali. Because W in WS2 is in an intermediate valence state, it has strong reducing and oxidizing properties, and is easy to react with hot concentrated sulfuric acid, nitric acid, aqua regia and other strong oxidants to produce WO3 or WS3; in addition, heated to 1250 in vacuum ℃ will decompose into tungsten and sulfur.
Tungsten Disulfide Crystal Structure:
From a microscopic point of view, WS2 is a lamellar hollow sphere with a hexagonal crystal system. S-W-S molecular clusters form a hexagonal network on its surface, and the layers are connected by van der Waals forces and the layers are linked by W-S covalent bonds.
Preparation Method Of Tungsten Disulfide:
- Roasting decomposition method: First react tungstic acid with ammonia water to generate ammonium tungstate, and then react with hydrogen sulfide gas to generate ammonium tetrathiotungstate, which is roasted at high temperature and decomposed into WS2.
- Direct synthesis method: WS2 can be formed by passing sulfur vapor into red-hot tungsten.
In addition to the above two methods, there are hydrothermal synthesis method, high temperature solid phase synthesis method and so on.
Tungsten Disulfide Use:
- As a lubricant, it is suitable for use in places with harsh working environments, mainly because tungsten disulfide has a low coefficient of friction, good compression resistance and oxidation resistance.
- Used as energy storage electrode material. WS2 can significantly improve the electrochemical performance and safety of electrode materials due to its good electron transport rate and thermochemical stability.
- It is used as a petroleum catalyst, because it has the characteristics of good cracking performance, stable and reliable catalytic activity, and long service life.
Tungsten Disulfide Packaging:
25kg or 50kg net weight, packed in double-layer polyethylene plastic bags inside, and plastic drums/iron drums as outer packaging; vacuum packaging or other net weight requirements, or the order weight is less than the standard packaging specifications, customized according to the actual situation; conventional packaging is Product name + batch number and other neutral text printing//writing, if you need personalized content, you can also customize.
For more information, please visit: http://tungsten-disulfide.com/